St. Brigid's Parish was established with humble beginnings in 1920 when a small wooden "temporary" Church was built in a field occupying our present location. The first Mass at this new Church was celebrated on Christmas Day, December 25th, 1920. The first pastor of this Church was Reverend James Hayes. The present building was completed in 1927. Archbishop Neil McNeil blessed the church and celebrated the first Mass.
From its inception, the Parish has been host to a diverse community. Parish records dating back to the beginning of the 20th-century list English, Irish, Scottish, Dutch, Italians, and French Canadians as members of our Parish. Today, our Parish continues to reflect the multicultural diversity of the City of Toronto.
ALL ARE WELCOME!